Welcome to The Confident Traveller podcast!
I’m here to bring you stories, tips, and resources from inspiring travelers who have overcome something that was holding them back from achieving their travel dream.
- Eco-Friendly Travel Tips to be a Sustainable Traveler – Interview with Linda and Caleb from Bamboo & BackpacksLinda and Caleb created their sustainable travel blog, Bamboo & Backpacks, to help travelers see the world while keeping their global footprint to a minimum. After meeting on the road, they spent six months of 2017 exploring South East Asia together but were horrified by the negative impacts caused by humans in the most beautiful places. Experiencing this first hand changed their whole […]
- Trekking to Everest Base Camp with Your Kids – Interview with Amy and Ronnie from Where The JonesIf you’re wondering how to travel with kids, you need to take a page out of the Jones’ family book! Ronnie and Amy sold their home, their cars, and almost everything else to take their two boys traveling around the world. They’re visiting as many countries as possible while being transparent through their blog and YouTube channel, showing the behind the scenes of what […]
- How to Become a Digital Nomad – Interview with Debbie from The Offbeat LifeDebbie is a photographer and podcaster who left her full-time job to make a living while working remotely. Originally born in the Philippines, she immigrated to the United States at the age of 8, though despite having a love for the arts, she was encouraged to take a more traditional route. After deciding to follow her passion, Debbie is now living a location independent […]
- How to Travel With Celiac Disease – Gluten Free Travel – Interview with Matt from Wheatless WanderlustCan you imagine not being able to travel because you’re scared the most basic meal in any country could make you really sick? That’s what life was like for Matt when he found out he had celiac disease in his freshman year of college. Two years after being diagnosed, he was given a dream opportunity to study abroad but declined, not feeling able to step outside of his comfort zone. […]
- Expert Tips for Taking Your First Solo Trip as a Woman – Interview with Leyla from Women on the RoadToday I’ve invited on the show someone I very much consider an authority on the subject of female solo travel. Leyla took her very first solo trip at 15 and ventured out on many short trips after that, but her feet got really itchy at age 43. So, she decided to leave her job and her dead-end relationship to get out there and see the world! After nearly four years on the road, Leyla […]
- The Secrets to Travel Often With a 9 to 5 job – Interview with Helena BradburyNot everyone has the opportunity to travel whenever and wherever they please. You may be restricted by your job and the amount of time you can take off, or by your location and how far you can travel. Today I’m speaking with Helena Bradbury, who is a traveler and photographer from the UK. Working a 9-5 job at a publisher in Oxford and London doesn’t stop her love for the outdoors, having […]
- Strategies to Budget for Travel While Paying Off Student Debt – Interview with Danielle Desir from The Thought CardToday’s chat is with an awesome guest who was such a delight to talk to. I felt so inspired after talking to her, and I think you will too. Danielle is a writer, speaker, and the host of The Thought Card podcast. Her website is the go-to destination for financially savvy travelers. Based in Connecticut, Danielle is a Grants Manager who managed to pay off $63,000 worth of student debt in […]
- Travel to the USA and Canada With Your Dog – Interview with Mark and Mya’s AdventuresIf you’re wanting to travel long term but feel as though you can’t because you don’t want to leave your dog behind, perhaps you should consider bringing them with you. Now I know that’s much easier said than done, which is why I wanted to get advice from a good friend who’s been doing this for a while to hear about his experience. Mark is an Aussie guy with a strong […]